Welcome to International Beatleweek 2017. This will be the last festival as you know it. In 2018 we will be scaling the festival down making it a lot smaller, but fear not! You have one last week of full scale Beatle madness. If you have questions about what is happening to the festival, please click here.
What is International Beatleweek?
International Beatleweek is a 7-day music festival dedicated to The Beatles. This festival takes place in various locations throughout Liverpool, mainly the city centre where all venues are accessible on foot or a short cab journey if you prefer. For those venues which are not accessible on foot Cavern City Tours will provide modes of transport for our package customers. Please see a detailed map of Liverpool and International Beatleweek venues for more information
Here is a brief rundown of events taking place during International Beatleweek 2017:
- Every day we will have live music on 2 stages at the Cavern Club and 1 stage at the Cavern Pub (opposite). Each hour a different Beatles act from around the world will be performing. There will be an admission cost into the Cavern Club during the festival (unless you have purchased a package in which case it may be included). Admission into the Cavern Pub is free all day and night.
- Three specially themed theatre shows take place at the Philharmonic Hall on Friday, Saturday and Monday.
- ‘Alma de Cuban Heel Beatles Day’ on Friday takes place at Alma De Cuba, a fantastic city centre bar/restaurant.
- John & Paul “It Was Fete” at St. Peter’s Church on Saturday.
- Four late-night parties at the Adelphi hotel (the Beatleweek hub) on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Sunday will also feature a huge Beatles Convention, which includes special guest speakers, Beatle tribute bands, a Beatles quiz, Beatles videos/movies and a massive marketplace full of Beatles memorabilia.
- Special shows from Neil Innes in the Cavern Live Lounge.
We try and pack International Beatleweek with as many events as we can so you will always be thoroughly entertained during your time in Liverpool. There are many ways in which you can enjoy International Beatleweek. Some guests choose to come for 1 day and some choose to come for 10 or more! Cavern City Tours has multiple options for you to choose from so you can enjoy International Beatleweek the way you want to.
What’s the difference between your packages?
We have created various package options so you can choose the one that suits you best. Packages range between 2 to 7 days with or without accommodation.
More information about our partner hotels can be found here. However, if you have found your own accommodation we offer ‘Just Tickets’ packages or if you prefer you can purchase tickets for events individually (please note that some events are only available as part of a package).
What is included in the packages will vary depending on what days you would like to stay. Please see our package section for more information on what’s included.
Do I have to buy a package?
No, you don’t have to buy a package. However, due to limited availability, some events are only available as part of a package.
If you are interested in booking individual tickets for events please visit our events page for a full listing.
Why are some events only available as part of a package?
This is due to limited availability and venue capacity. The following events are only available as part of a package:
John and Paul: “It was Fete”
Summer of Love Concert at the Philharmonic Hall
The Bootleg Beatles at the Philharmonic Hall
Cavern 60th Anniversary Concert at the Philharmonic Hall
How do I make a booking?
- Click on the package you want.
- Find the hotel you would like to book from the list of hotels.
- Check the box of the type of room you would like to book.
- Click the red button with the shopping cart image located next to the price of the package.
- Either repeat these steps to continue booking additional packages, or if you are ready to check out click on your basket located at the right of the top menu.
- If you wish to add any additional nights, please check the box marked Extra Night Supplement and input your check-in / check-out dates. If you are happy with the dates in your package click “Go To Checkout”.
- If you are interested in a box seat at the Philharmonic please select “Yes” and we will contact you regarding availability and the £10 per person supplement.
- Fill in your details in the next section. Please add any special requirements as needed (ie specific room number/type, disabled etc)
- Click on “Review Your Order”
- Double check that all of your details are correct. If anything is incorrect and you would like to change something click the “edit” option next to Your Order.
- Check that you have read and agreed to our Terms and Conditions
- Check to either pay the booking in full, or pay a deposit.
- Click pay by Paypal/credit card
- Follow payment instructions and complete transaction
- That’s it! Once your payment has gone through you will be automatically re-directed to our website where you can download and print your confirmations. A confirmation email will also be sent to you.
If you are interested in booking tickets only please select the amount of tickets you would like and follow steps 7 – 15. Please note: Ticket only bookings must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
Hotel packages may be secured only upon receipt of a £50 non-refundable deposit per person per package. A £50 deposit can be made at the time of booking online with a Visa/Mastercard or PayPal account. If you wish to, you can pay for your booking in full at the time of checkout.
Once you have paid your deposit you will receive a confirmation email. Balances need to be paid for by June 1st, 2017 and once your balance is paid you will receive a confirmation which you will need to print out and bring with you when checking in to your hotel and the Adelphi Help Desk for your tickets.
A welcome letter will be emailed to you three weeks before the festival which contains useful information regarding your package.
If you would like to purchase a ‘Just Tickets’ package or individual tickets to events you can do so through our website. If you are purchasing a ‘Just Tickets’ package please read the information carefully on your e-confirmation about how, when and where to collect your package. If you are purchasing individual tickets, most will be e-tickets which you can simply present on the door on the day to gain entrance. Please read your e-ticket details carefully.
What is a “Single Room Supplement”?
Our hotel package prices are based on double occupancy. If you are travelling on your own and would like to stay in a hotel then a single room charge is added for each night you are staying in the hotel. This charge can vary depending on which hotel you choose to stay in. Please note that Grand Central Unite (student accommodation) does not charge a single room supplement, as every room is a single room. Please see our booking terms and conditions for more information
What is Grand Central Unite?
Grand Central Unite is student accommodation located 5 minutes walk from the Adelphi Hotel. As it is primarily used as student accommodation, crockery, utensils and towels are not provided. Latest check-out for this location this year is Wednesday 31st August at 10am.
Is breakfast included in my package?
Accommodation packages at The Adelphi, Jurys Inn, The Marriott, Radisson Blu, Days Inn, the Pullman and Hard Days Night include breakfast.
Grand Central Unite does not include breakfast but does provide a shared kitchen area for a self-catering option.
When does my balance need to be paid by?
Hotel Packages must be paid in full by June 1st. If you’ve booked before June and not paid in full by the 1st your booking will incur a £20.00 administrative fee per person.
Hotel packages booked after June 1st must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
‘Just Tickets’ packages need to be paid for in full at the time of booking.
How can I book tickets for just the Cavern Club?
You can purchase advance General Admission to the Cavern Club from the Events page on our website. Advance General Admission is available Wednesday – Monday during the festival. However, please note that on Tuesday if you are only interested in General Admission then you will need to pay on the door.
How can I get a box seat at the Philharmonic Hall?
All shows in the Philharmonic Hall have a limited number of vip boxes (max 6 people per box). These are available fora supplement of £10 per person. If you are interested in booking a box at the Philharmonic Hall please let us know when checking out and we will contact you regarding availability and supplement.
How are tickets allocated?
All tickets will be allocated upon receipt of balance payment. We will do our best to accommodate special requests but cannot guarantee them.
Will your events be accessible to wheelchair users?
All hotels, The Cavern Club, The Philharmonic Hall and the Adelphi Hotel are accessible to wheelchairs. Please speak with a member of staff when you arrive and someone will be able to help you. Also, please let us know when booking if you need wheelchair access to The Philharmonic Hall so we can allocate you the correct tickets. Unfortunately, the Cavern Pub is not wheelchair accessible. It is helpful to us if you can indicate you are a wheelchair user when booking to help us make sure we accommodate any needs you may have.
What’s your age policy for International Beatleweek?
Children under the age of 18 are allowed into the Cavern Club and the Cavern Pub until 8pm. There are no age restrictions for events in other venues.
Please note: If you are booking a Gold, Silver or Red Just Tickets package you will be automatically allocated tickets for the evening performance of our Tuesday Cavern Club show. If you’re booking for a child please let us know in the order notes so we can allocate you the afternoon performance.
Who do I need to contact if I want to sell merchandise at the Convention?
Please email Phil Winstanley who is dealing with this year’s dealer requests- firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I play International Beatleweek?
Please email band liaison Clark Gilmour with information/videos/pictures of your band – email@example.com
Can I take a Beatles tour of Liverpool whilst I am visiting?
Yes, if you are interested in visiting Beatles sights in Liverpool we strongly recommend taking the Magical Mystery Tour. This tour starts at the Albert Dock and includes a visit to Strawberry Field, Penny Lane, the Beatles childhood homes, schools, colleges and more! An official Liverpool Beatles guide always operates the Magical Mystery Tour so you can be sure to receive a professional and entertaining tour. Please see our website for more information.
If you are interested in visiting inside John Lennon and Paul McCartney’s childhood homes you need to book directly with the National Trust and you can find out more here. We strongly advise you book tours well in advance to avoid disappointment.
Where can I find out more information about travelling to Liverpool?
If this is your first time coming to Liverpool and you are wondering what the best way to travel here is, please see Visit Liverpool for more information.
Visit Liverpool is a valuable resource for out of town visitors and we strongly recommend you have a look at their website for more information about Liverpool and to get the most out of your stay.