Welcome to International Beatleweek!
What is International Beatleweek?
International Beatleweek is a 7-day music festival dedicated to The Beatles. This festival takes place in various locations throughout Liverpool, mainly the city centre where all venues are accessible on foot or a short cab journey if you prefer. For those venues which are not accessible on foot Cavern City Tours will provide modes of transport for our package customers. Please see a detailed map of Liverpool and International Beatleweek venues for more information
Here is a brief rundown of events taking place during International Beatleweek 2017:
- Every day we will have live music on 2 stages at the Cavern Club and 1 stage at the Cavern Pub (opposite). Each hour a different Beatles act from around the world will be performing. There will be an admission cost into the Cavern Club during the festival (unless you have purchased a package in which case it may be included). Admission into the Cavern Pub is free all day and night.
- Two specially themed theatre shows will take place at the Philharmonic Hall on Friday and Saturday.
- ‘It’s Geroge’s Birthday’ on Friday takes place at Alma De Cuba, a fantastic city centre bar/restaurant.
- Early Days at The Locarno takes place on Saturday at The Olympia (Formerly The Locarno).
- Four late-night parties at the Adelphi hotel (the Beatleweek hub) on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Sunday will feature a huge Beatles Convention, which includes special guest speakers, Beatle tribute bands, Ringo Bingo, Beatles videos/movies and a massive marketplace full of Beatles memorabilia.
- Monday we will have a special afternoon event, Scousechella (venue to be confirmed) and in the evening we will be at the Hard Days Night Hotel for our fab four finale featuring live music across four stages.
We try and pack International Beatleweek with as many events as we can so you will always be thoroughly entertained during your time in Liverpool. There are many ways in which you can enjoy International Beatleweek. Some guests choose to come for 1 day and some choose to come for 10 or more! Cavern City Tours has multiple options for you to choose from so you can enjoy International Beatleweek the way you want to.
Most of our International Beatleweek events are only available as part of a package. However, there are certain events which we do sell individual tickets to. You will see details noted on our events page as to which events are package only and which events are available for individual purchase.
Do I have to buy a package?
No, you don’t have to buy a package. However, due to limited availability, some events are only available as part of a package.
If you are interested in booking individual tickets for events please visit our events page for a full listing.
Why are some events only available as part of a package?
This is due to limited availability and venue capacity. The following events are only available as part of a package:
- It’s George’s Birthday – Alma De Cuba
- The Analogues Present The White Album – The Philharmonic Hall
- Early Days at The Locarno – The Olympia (formerly The Locarno)
- The Lennon & McCartney Songbook – The Philharmonic Hall
- Scousechella – Venue to be confirmed
- Fab Four Finale – Hard Days Night Hotel
- What’s the difference between your packages?
We have created various package options so you can choose the one that suits you best. Packages range from 2 to 5 days with or without accommodation.
More information about our partner hotels can be found here. However, if you have found your own accommodation we offer ‘Just Tickets’ packages or if you prefer you can purchase tickets for events individually (please note that some events are only available as part of a package).
What is included in the packages will vary depending on what days you would like to stay. Please see our package section for more information on what’s included.
Can I book when I arrive in Liverpool or do I need to book in advance?
We would always advise purchasing tickets in advance to avoid disappointment. Certain tickets are only available as part of a package and therefore cannot be purchased upon arrival.
Tickets for some events can be purchased from the Beatleweek Help! Desk located inside the Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool. We also sell returned / cancelled tickets on behalf of customers so you’re welcome to enquire about Philharmonic / Package Only event tickets at the Help! Desk as well.
The opening times of the Help! desk are as follows:
Thursday 24th August – Saturday 26th August: 10:00 – 20:00
Sunday 27th August: 10:00 – 18:00
How do I make a hotel package booking?
- Click on the package you want.
- Find the hotel you would like to book from the list of hotels.
- Check the box of the type of room you would like to book
- Click the red button with the shopping cart image located next to the price of the package.
- Either repeat these steps to continue booking additional packages, or if you are ready to check out click on your basket located at the right of the top menu.
- If you wish to add any additional nights, please check the box marked Extra Night Supplement and input your check-in / check-out dates. If you are happy with the dates in your package click “Go To Checkout”.
- If you are interested in a box seat at the Philharmonic please select which Philharmonic show you would like to upgrade and a supplement of £10 per person per show will be added to your booking.
- Fill in your details in the next section. Please add any special requirements as needed (ie specific room number/type, disability requests etc).
- Click on “Review Your Order”.
- Double check that all of your details are correct. If anything is incorrect and you would like to change something click the “edit” option next to Your Order.
- Check that you have read and agreed to our Terms and Conditions.
- Check to either pay the booking in full, or pay a deposit.
- Click pay by Paypal/credit card.
- Follow payment instructions and complete transaction.
- That’s it! Once your payment has gone through you will be automatically re-directed to our website where you can download and print your confirmations. A confirmation email will also be sent to you.
If you are interested in booking tickets only please select the amount of tickets you would like and follow steps 8 – 15. Please note: Ticket only bookings must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
Hotel packages may be secured only upon receipt of a £50 non-refundable deposit per person per package. A £50 deposit can be made at the time of booking online with a Visa/Mastercard or PayPal account. If you wish to, you can pay for your booking in full at the time of checkout.
Once you have paid your deposit you will receive a confirmation email. Balances need to be paid for by June 1st, 2018 and once your balance is paid you will receive a confirmation which you will need to print out and bring with you when checking in to your hotel and the Adelphi Help Desk for your tickets.
A welcome letter will be emailed to you three weeks before the festival which contains useful information regarding your package.
If you would like to purchase a ‘Just Tickets’ package or individual tickets to events you can do so through our website. If you are purchasing a ‘Just Tickets’ package please read the information carefully on your e-confirmation about how, when and where to collect your package. If you are purchasing individual tickets, most will be e-tickets which you can simply present on the door on the day to gain entrance. Please read your e-ticket details carefully.
How do I get my tickets and wristbands?
Tickets and wristbands are not posted out to you.
If you have purchased a package then you will need to collect your package contents (wristband(s) / ticket(s) etc.) from the Adelphi Help! Desk located at the Adelphi Hotel – Ranelagh Place, Liverpool L3 5UL
GOLD, BLUE & WHITE package holders can pick up their packages from the Adelphi on:
Thursday 23rd August 2018 or Friday 24th August 2018 between 10:00 and 20:00.
SILVER & YELLOW package holders can pick up their packages from the Adelphi on:
Saturday 25th August 2018 between 10:00 and 20:00.
RED package holders can pick up their packages from the Adelphi on:
Sunday 26th August 2018 between 10:00 and 18:00.
If you have purchased a ticket for an event (not as part of a package) then you will receive an E-Ticket available to download after purchase. This E-Ticket will also be emailed to you as well.
Please contact us here if you have any questions about collecting your package contents.
What is a “Single Room Supplement”?
Our hotel package prices are based on double occupancy.
If you are travelling on your own and would like to stay in a hotel then a single room charge is added for each night you are staying in the hotel. This charge can vary depending on which hotel you choose to stay in. Please note that Grand Central Unite (student accommodation) does not charge a single room supplement, as every room is a single room. Please see our booking terms and conditions for more information.
What is Grand Central Unite?
Grand Central Unite is student accommodation located 5 minutes walk from the Adelphi Hotel. As it is primarily used as student accommodation, crockery, utensils and towels are not provided. Latest check-out for this location this year is Tuesday 28th August, 2018 at 10am.
Is breakfast included in my package?
Accommodation packages at The Adelphi, Jurys Inn, The Marriott, Atlantic Tower, The Pullman Hotel and Hard Days Night Hotel include breakfast.
Grand Central Unite does not include breakfast, but does provide a shared kitchen area for a self-catering option.
When does my balance need to be paid by?
Hotel Packages must be paid in full by June 1st. If you’ve booked before June and not paid in full by the 1st your booking will incur a £20.00 administrative fee per person.
Hotel packages booked after June 1st must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
Tickets for individual events and ‘Just Tickets’ packages need to be paid for in full at the time of booking.
How can I book tickets for just the Cavern Club?
You can purchase advance General Admission to the Cavern Club from the Events page on our website. Advance General Admission is available Wednesday – Tuesday during the festival.
If booking a package please note that general admission on various days is included in your package. Please check your package details to see which days are included.
The Cavern Pub is always free to enter.
How can I get a box seat at the Philharmonic Hall?
All shows in the Philharmonic Hall have a limited number of vip boxes (max 6 people per box). These are available for a supplement of £10 per person. If you are interested in upgrading to a box at the Philharmonic Hall please select the shows you are interested in upgrading and a supplement will be automatically added to your booking at the time of checkout.
How are tickets allocated?
All tickets are allocated on a first come first served basis. The earlier you book, the better tickets you will receive.
Will your events be accessible to wheelchair users?
All hotels, The Cavern Club, The Philharmonic Hall, The Olympia and Alma De Cuba are accessible to wheelchairs. Please speak with a member of staff when you arrive and someone will be able to help you.
Also, please let us know when booking if you need wheelchair access to The Philharmonic Hall or The Olympia so we can allocate you the correct tickets.
Unfortunately, the Cavern Pub is not wheelchair accessible.
When booking please indicate if you do have a disability we should be aware of so can make your visit as pleasant as possible.
What’s your age policy for International Beatleweek?
Children under the age of 18 are allowed into the Cavern Club and the Cavern Pub until 8pm. There are no age restrictions for events in other venues.
Who do I need to contact if I want to sell merchandise at the Convention?
Please email Phil Winstanley who is dealing with this year’s dealer requests- email@example.com
How do I play International Beatleweek?
Please fill out an application form in the ‘Play the Festival’ section of our website. Successful applicants will be informed in January/February 2018.
Can I take a Beatles tour of Liverpool whilst I am visiting?
Yes, of course!
If you are interested in visiting Beatles sights in Liverpool we strongly recommend taking the Magical Mystery Tour. This tour starts at the Albert Dock and includes a visit to Strawberry Field, Penny Lane, the Beatles childhood homes, schools, colleges and more! An official Liverpool Beatles guide always operates the Magical Mystery Tour so you can be sure to receive a professional and entertaining tour. Please see our website for more information.
If you are interested in visiting inside John Lennon and Paul McCartney’s childhood homes you need to book directly with the National Trust and you can find out more here. We strongly advise you book tours well in advance to avoid disappointment.
Is admission to the Cavern Club included with the Magical Mystery Tour ticket during the festival?
Yes it is. Single entry general admission charge of £5 during the festival is included with your ticket (no passouts).
Where can I find out more information about travelling to Liverpool?
If this is your first time coming to Liverpool and you are wondering what the best way to travel here is, please see Visit Liverpool for more information.
Visit Liverpool is a valuable resource for out of town visitors and we strongly recommend you have a look at their website for more information about Liverpool and to get the most out of your stay.
If travelling from London the best way to get to Liverpool is by train. Trains depart regularly from London Euston Station to Liverpool Lime St. The train journey is about 2 hours long and the best train fares are sold about 12 weeks in advance. Visit www.thetrainline.com for more information on discounted advance fares.